Think having great skin is just a matter of luck? Nope…think again! Great skin is achievable for everyone all it takes is a little dedication. This month we’re sharing some of our favorite tips, tricks and secrets to achieving that radiant, clear, glowing skin we all crave.
Tip #1: Diet and Exercise:
● We all know how important drinking enough water is for our bodies. Proper water intake will help increase your skin’s natural hydration levels to combat dryness. Drinking water will also help to flush toxins out of the body, which prevents them from showing up on your skin.
● Exercise isn’t just beneficial for your body…it’s also great for your skin! Exercise increases your body’s blood circulation which carries oxygen and nutrients to the skin that will promote a radiant and healthy complexion.
Tip #2: Medical Grade Skincare:
● A high quality medical grade skincare system will do wonders for the skin. Medical grade skincare utilizes top notch ingredients at levels that will better benefit the skin than it’s over-the-counter competitors. Medical grade brands, such as ZO Skin Health and Skinceuticals, often have more advanced technology and delivery systems which help push active ingredients into the skin and will ultimately yield better results.
Tip #3: SPF:
● It’s no secret that SPF is one of the most important products we should all use on a daily basis. The sun is one of the largest factors when it comes to aging skin. UVA rays will penetrate deeper into the skin and will alter our DNA causing the skin to prematurely age, whereas UVB rays are responsible for sunburns. A good, high-quality sunscreen should be a minimum of SPF 30 and should be broad-spectrum, fighting against both UVA and UVB rays. Prevention is key when it comes to anti-aging efforts and SPF is the best preventative product you can use. After all, the best wrinkle is the one we never get!
Tip #4: Regular Facials:
● Gone are the days where a spa day was considered a treat for only the rich and famous. In today’s world a regular trip to your aesthetician has become a self-care must. A good aesthetician will be able to analyze your skin, make appropriate product recommendations, recommend appropriate treatment options to help achieve your skin goals, monitor your skin for any irregularities and of course, provide an amazing facial experience consisting of a deep cleanse, exfoliation, massage, mask, and finishing products. Find an aesthetician who you can trust and will listen to your concerns and help get you the glowing skin you desire.
Tip #5: Injectables and Dermal Filler:
● Injectables and dermal fillers are becoming more and more popular treatment options in Med Spas across the country. Injectable neurotoxins such as, Botox, Dysport, Xeomin and Jeuveau, work to help gently paralyze the facial muscles to prevent excessive muscle movements, and, thus reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Neurotoxins are also great treatment options to help prevent the appearance of deep lines and wrinkles before they have a chance to settle into the skin.
● Dermal fillers are another great treatment option to help restore volume to the skin. Fillers are a great way to help restore the youthful fullness that we all lose as we age and our natural collagen levels deplete. Dermal fillers are often utilized in the cheeks, lips, and under eye hollows, however, they can also be used in the hands to restore youthful appearance. Most common dermal fillers, such as Restylane, Juvederm, and Versa, are made up of hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally found in the body, that gives soft, natural volume to the skin. Other dermal fillers, such as Sculptra and Radiesse, are bio-stimulating fillers and will help encourage your body’s own production of collagen yielding longer lasting, and natural looking, results.
Tip #6: Yearly Skin Check with a Dermatologist:
● We can’t stress this one enough. Every year schedule an appointment with a reputable dermatologist in your area for a thorough skin check. A good dermatologist will take the time to thoroughly examine your skin and document any abnormalities. This is vital as many skin cancers can be easily treated if caught at an early stage.
Tip #7: Cleaning Pillow Cases/Cell Phone/Glasses:
● Here’s a step we often overlook – keeping those pillows, phones and glasses clean! Dirty pillow cases, phones and glasses collect bacteria that can lead to various skin issues and cause the skin to react or breakout. Washing pillow cases weekly (more frequently if you’re oily or acne prone) and cleaning your phone and glasses daily with an antibacterial wipe will help keep the bacteria under control and prevent any breakouts from showing up on your skin. This same rule applies to sports helmets, headbands or other gear that come into contact with your skin.
So don’t leave it up to luck! Following these tips will help keep your skin glowing. At Eye for Beauty Aesthetics we are committed to helping you achieve your skin goals. We offer a Glow Club and Botox Club to help keep you on track with your skincare needs. Membership in the Glow Club and Botox Club will ensure you receive the monthly care you need to keep your skin looking and feeling amazing! Want to get serious about your skin? Book a consultation with one of our licensed professionals and get on your way to clear, glowing skin! Call (518) 650-7171.