CEO & Founder
Meet Dr. Robert Schultze
Dr. Robert Schultze brings more than 25 years of experience in eye surgery to the practice and is currently Professor of Ophthalmology and Director of Cornea, Cataract, and Refractive Surgery at the Department of Ophthalmology at Albany Medical Center. He is the first surgeon in upstate New York to perform a partial thickness cornea transplant and one of only 50 surgeons in the United States to be both an Intralase and a VISX trainer, innovating and mentoring other surgeons in eye surgical techniques. His positions at Albany Medical College as Director of Medical Student Education in Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology Residency Program Director, and Cornea Fellowship Program Director are a testament to his expertise and desire to share his experience with the next generation of doctors.
Dr. Schultze became interested in aesthetics first as a patient when he passed age 50 and realized his surgical background and obsession with detail made the incorporation of aesthetics into his practice a natural fit. He became certified in Botulinum Toxin A and Dermal Fillers in early 2018 and followed up with advanced certification later that same year through the Esthetic Skin Institute.
Recognitions and awards include:
- Top Doctor: Hudson Valley Magazine and the Consumer Research Council of America
- Best of Show video award: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- First Place video award: American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Honor Award: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Senior Honor Award: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Golden Apple Teaching Award 2013
- Professional of the Year: Northeastern Association of the Blind at Albany